1.16.2006

pomegranate martinis.

yum.

Yes, Stitch'n'bitch was lots of fun. Besides the knitting, lunching, and pomegranate martini drinking, we took a little trip to visit all about yarn in columbia, md. Every inch of the shop was packed with yarn goodness so we spent quite a bit of time inspecting everything. I made it through with not too much of a dent; I got the latest Rowan magazine and some kidspray haze for a little hat I started.

Bonus: we all walked away with gifts of yarn from the hostess, and homemade cookies from the martini goddess. yay!

Tonight is collaborative art Monday, and instead of working in one of our studios, we're taking it out to a bar.

I don't have the recipe for the pomegranate martinis on me, nor the cookies, but I'll leave you with a recipe of the previously mentioned Long Island Champagne:

all top shelf:
3/4 oz tequila
3/4 oz rum
3/4 oz gin
3/4 oz vodka
3/4 oz triple sec
3 oz champagne
2 fresh black cherries

Shake liquors. Pour in short glass. Add champagne and garnish with two fresh black cherries.

I have no idea where the Long Island Champagne comes from. All I know is that it is on the menu at Lila Braun and Pacifico in Beirut, and now here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're in MD. I googled Pomegranate martinis and this came up- r u with the "Meet Up" group that knits? Can I get more info on your knit/crochet group- is it closed? I am recently moved back to MD (Annapolis) and have been looking into local groups/clubs/classes etc... tnx 4 the info,
carla
sagercar@yahoo.com