8.04.2006

full speed ahead...for another show!



I'll be in Adams Morgan Day this year! September 10! I've quickly switched into crank mode and am working full speed ahead on a bunch of new stuff. I've got 5 weeks till Adams Morgan Day, then 3 weeks later its Crafty Bastards!

Here is my hor-o-scope for August, from CrazyAuntPurl:
PISCES (Feb. 19 - March 20)
Now would be a really good time to start some sort of art project. There's a wide variety of really artsy rivers running through the Pisces world: the obvious painting, drawing, scrapbooking, knitting, crochet, etc. But Pisces has a real artistic-crazy streak this month, that extends to designing items from scratch, cooking up gourmet creations, making cakes shaped like Monopoly games. Don't rule out the more adventurous art-crazy, either, like carving stuff with power tools or making electronic devices, or building a car from scratch. It's your month to go a little nutty in the creative realm, and you should take advantage of it before your inspiration diminishes with the end of summer.


Hmm...monopoly-shaped cake? I dunno about that...but I do hope my inspiration carries on after summer!

Here is peek at some work in progress! Yes...ribbon...I found these last week and instantly fell in love. Contrast stitching is my latest obsession.

Can you guess what I'm making from these pictures?


3 comments:

Reya Mellicker said...

You probably have a lot of backed up creative energy unexpressed while you had your cel phone pressed to your ear around the clock. Congratulation, by the way! So glad your life is working itself back to "normal."

Unknown said...

I don't have any idea what you are making (maybe I'm a bit slow!) but the ribbons look fantastic - such wonderful colours. Great photos of them too.

Anonymous said...

ohhh i have no idea what you are making either but the ribbons are beautiful! maybe its for another hat?