10.03.2006

my second festival.

...was super fun!



Here I am setting up in the early early early morning (pre-coffee):



The weatherman threatened rain but the weather turned out gorgeous. Sean helped me set up (thank you!) and then took these pictures of my space during the day:






It was amazing to be surrounded by so many talented artists & crafters all day long. Part of me wishes I had more time to discover the booths, and watch the breakdancers, but it was great to have had such a busy day. I did manage to talk to some of my favorite vendors there: Debbie of 60 Bugs, Joy of Charming Vices, Paula of Woolarina, Tina of i like seamonters, Heidi of My Paper Crane, Kristina Bilonick (yes, one of the old art monday collaborators!), and Jenny of 8th Street Soap Kitchen.I even got to meet knitting bloggers Lolly and Jenna...and a ton of other people! It was all amazing.

Thank you everyone who came by, said hi, stayed to chat, and bought my stuff! I really love meeting new people, and its so exciting to hear comments like "I've seen this before"...and then I'm asked, "were you on ....'s site?" yay!

The Crafty Bastards crew [Liz, Kim, Sara and Karen] were the awesomest hosts ever. Unloading was painless, setting up was super easy, and they kept us updated on every detail you could imagine. wow. thank you!

I plan to update my shop [shoofly.etsy.com] with more items in the next few days. Please stop by again soon to check it out!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your booth and art were fabulous! And my babies wanted me to thank you for their three blind mice!

rania said...

awww, glad to hear they like the mice! thanks for coming by on sunday!

Jaci Clark said...

Glad to hear it went well Rania. Wish I still lived there so I could have checked you out in person :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Glad it went well.

Hannah Six said...

I first came to your blog after I saw your business card on top of pile in the "win a free lunch" jar at Potbelly on F & 11th streets a couple of weeks ago--it's wonderful! Caught my eye right away. I'm sorry I didn't make it to Crafty Bastards this year...

amisha said...

the booth looks great... congrats on such a good experience!

Reya Mellicker said...

Wow! So sorry I missed it, and later on missed having a margarita with you (it was Yom Kippur, so I was in the midst of silence and prayer)

Bravo!!

Anonymous said...

Your booth looked amazing. I really wish I could have been there to see your things in person!

avocadoinparadise said...

It was nice talking to you there! Good times, pretty stuff.

Stef said...

Great job!!! I love seeing all your cool stuff, and I'm glad you're having such success! :-)