3.23.2006

blocking is magic.



I finished Daisy! After blocking for the first time, I have to say that blocking is magic. Seriously. Now the pattern really shows.



This is my first project with edging! Here are some details of the front and back:



Now that I'm so won over by the magic known as blocking, I want to block everything!

For my next big project I'm working on the Chevron Scarf from the Last Minute Knit Gifts book. The pattern calls for Koigu, but I'm using some delicious Persimmon Tree Hill potluck silk instead. Looks like this farm only sells yarn 5 times a year, and lucky for me, the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival is one of them! (Just 6 weeks to go!)



I'm using two different colors: One is mostly browns, purples, and silvers, and the other is made up of cooler browns with oranges and blues. I have started on size 7 needles, but am still contemplating taking it out and starting again on size 8 or 9 instead.
On the subject of magic, I got sorted into Gryffindor! i'm in gryffindor! Click on the hat if you want to get sorted, too!

Notes ::
:: Yarn used : Green Mountain Spinnery Painted Merino/Tencel 50/50, 2 skeins
:: Needles : size 7
:: Final Size after blocking : 6.5" x 74"


Previously ::
:: Growing daisy and stash.
:: Daisy in progress.

9 comments:

rania said...

oooh...i just found out that the sheep & wool festival have their vendor list up!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing Daisy! It looks AWESOME.

igotmoxie said...

the edging is *gorgeous*
did i spell that right?

xoxo
b.

rania said...

thanks miss priss knits, becky, and b.!

i wore it for the first time today! yay!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Daisy is fab. I absolutely love it.Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

that is soooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!!! delicate and elegant! you did a beautifl job, miss shoofly!!!!

Unknown said...

WOW!! This is beautiful!!

Selena Kang said...

This is beautiful! Are you keeping it for yourself? Great job!

rania said...

thanks michelle, ellia, alina, and skang!

Yeah skang, I'm keeping this one for myself!