3.15.2006

my first ever knitpicks catalog.

...has me speechless.

Meet the "Yarn Bracelet": "...you can wear a bracelet on each arm and knit with two colors at once..."



I. think. not. Come on, people! Yes, knitting in public is cool, but knitting in public with these "yarn bracelets" hanging off your arms? not. cool.

Carpal tunnel, anyone? I'm not even sure if they sell carpal tunnel braces, but if they did, I would hope they were both on the same page.

I thought the yarn bracelet was weird, until I got to what they call the 'Magic Marble Teleidoscope'? What? Please tell me no one has bought one of these:



*both images were scanned from the knitpicks catalog and not altered by me in any way! Yes, hard to believe, I know...

10 comments:

rania said...

I should add that knitpicks.com is an online knit shop that sells yarn, books, accessories, etc... at really low prices.

Anonymous said...

i dont know, this is couple of odd products... it'd be hard to be mobile and knit while hanging onto a kid... or having one of those purses that keep sliding down your shoulder.... not to mention i agree about the wrists hurting!

interesante!

Laini Taylor said...

Funny! Accessories for "knitting nerds"!!

rania said...

yes, thats right! Its accessories for knitting nerds! ha!

igotmoxie said...

the bracelet is totally weird, but i could see where that might be useful, say....on a plane or long bus ride by yourself.

the magic marble thing is the dumbest thing i've ever seen....
it makes me think of a certain coworker i have that gets distracted by shiney things and wool coats she's seen 1,000 times before

Selena Kang said...

I don't think I've seen anything as bizarre as that Teleidoscope before. Let's throw it in the dryer!

Reya Mellicker said...

At least these silly things aren't expensive. The teleidoscope is truly the weirdest, though!

Stef said...

That teleidoscope is bizarre! How is it any different than just looking at your yarn with your own eyes? Shouldn't you be able to see color combos that way? Somebody was tripping on something!

And even on other friends' blogs, Skang always cracks me up! :-)

rania said...

alright, the yarn bracelet isn't all that bad...i just find it weird and a little silly. And I wouldn't have posted it if I hadn't have found that teleidoscope thing a few pages later. At least they're cheap, yes.

I'm just waiting for someone to come out with a baseball hat with places to attach your yarn. You know, a la baseball-hat-with-electric-fan, and where the yarn balls spin as you knit.

Hmm....I might be on to something...

Cristina said...

i agree. when i took my knitting class, my teacher showed us how to make one of those dorky bracelets....and back then when i wasn't quite as obsessed as i am now i was "uuhm okay...this chick is weird". my attitude hasnt changed much since then i guess.